Remember, it was Nov 14th too?








It took a while to almost every passerby on Ridge to realize that it’s not just another Sunday. So many lovely children in uniforms had gathered near Gaiety Theatre, and they were quite a centre of attraction. However, what I got to overhear was even more inviting: “Look, there’s some food fest going on in there”, “So many children, what’s the occasion?” After all, we are no more kids to remember the Children’s Day. Thankfully, people with the great ‘Umang’ spirit don’t consider their adulthood a restriction against celebrating the special day, rather they made it even better having angels celebrating along.  If only I could rise on time in the morning, I would have joined the kids in the film-festival too that Umang Foundation had organized for the disabled and orphan children. Nevertheless, I was extremely overwhelmed to have met my friends from Kasturba Gandhi Aashram, dressed up in cute Nehru outfits. It really made my day when one of them actually recalled me once visiting them. They sportingly allowed me to photograph them, which I’m gladly sharing along with this post. Not to forget the stars, who simply spellbound with their warmth and great etiquettes. They couldn’t speak or hear but that didn’t make them any different from others. In fact their enthusiasm was matchless, when they sportingly pepped up the occasion performing ‘Nati’! One of them, who seemed to be a nerd, constantly captured the moments in his mobile phone camera, and when I approached him, he was kind enough to even picture me with his friends. The 'Umang' was clearly all around, and I don’t think anything else could have made my Sunday more worth. Can't thank them enough :)



Comments

  1. Such a beautiful post. I still remember how i used to enjoy the day with my school frnz... n after lookin at the pictures m feeling soooo nostalgic thnx shikha for reviving my childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually beautiful!! so inspiring!! you should have taken me along.. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great write-up. you made me relive the times when I used to visit the orphanges and play with the little kids.....was simple joy...I miss it now :(
    Hope to restart it.
    Keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Me or the other me at 28…?

Life paralysed??

He Is A Reasonable Man, She's an Emancipated Woman. Could There Be Peace?