He Is A Reasonable Man, She's an Emancipated Woman. Could There Be Peace?




She: Please pick up!
Alright, I respect that you don't want to talk!
A couple of days back you assured me a scenario and I was happy with it.
2 days later that changed for whatever reason, I'll not lie I didn't like it.
I'll have to cope with it because clearly you're behaving all authoritative now. So I will!
But, you cannot ask me to change the way I feel. I am not okay and I'll not lie. 
It must be just few days for you, but each day initially, in my mind and heart is like a mountain, where every thing is new, unlike me and not mine. I know I'm not an ideal woman to get married to. But, because you're all authoritative now, I'll do whatever you ask. But know it I'll not change. Again I'm not going to be an ideal wife or daughter-in-law.


He: I am not being authoritative.

She: I can love people, but not necessarily be with them, that's me. I can't be okay. But, I'll have to understand, adjust, accommodate, change, be reasonable, not just for this one initial situation, but for many more to come. I always knew it, that's why feared getting married. Sometimes, you're just not ready to accommodate, understand, adjust, change, or be reasonable. Hate me. But what do I do, I am like this only. I can take everything as a challenge and endure, but it won't change the way I feel.
Hate me. I've been doing things my way, nobody tells me anything.


He: I can't think right now. Am too messed up. Please give me some time. Like I said earlier. I'll do all it takes to make sure you're okay. 


I have you, and mom and dad, and your folks, what do I do! Think about my worries! My stress! My need to balance!


She: Exclude me and your worries would be over. I can't care about others, I'm fed up. I wish to be on my own. I can only please myself, not all. Sorry, I understand you but don't know how to help you, So forgive me. I am not great. I am not the good one.

<Long pause...>

She: I empathize with you. You too are trapped in the unfair customs made by man to secure his interests. I call it a stigma. Yes. Am I not parting with so much that belongs to me, just a day after I get married? Why can't my parents make you feel guilty basis a similar emotional quotient?
I'll live wherever, however you'll keep me, but I cannot conform to such unfair customs. I empathize with you, so will cooperate. 

He: We'll move out.

She: I was not trying to convince you.
I'm just stating how a girl becomes a criminal, and the guy the good one trying to balance out everything. If the customs were the other way round. I would be the one virtuously trying to balance out things. 

He: I guess yes. 


She: But it's unfair. It would have been unfair then too. 

He: You're right. 


She: I would never put my children through these bogus pseudo-cultural norms.

He: Neither would I. I'll keep them liberal and I'd be liberal and fair too.

Peace? Swaying emotions? Understanding? Or, he's just exhausted?

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me or the other me at 28…?

Life paralysed??